These are the latest reports from HUDSON about Hiring, HR trends in Asia; salary in advertising and communications fields.
I’ve made a special ISSUU about it. But To view directly The Hudson Report results and analysis, please click here.
The Hudson Report Quarter Four, 2009
“Hiring expectations continue to rise at an accelerating rate. Overall, expectations are higher than they were a year ago and it now seems that the ‘green shoots’ are here to stay.”
Mark Carriban, Managing Director – Asia
- Hiring expectations are rising sharply and this survey of nearly 500 executives across key business sectors shows that 35% forecast headcount growth in Quarter Four (Q4) 2009, up from 22% in Q3;
- Hiring expectations are rising faster in Hong Kong than in the other markets surveyed in Asia;
- Across all the sectors surveyed, respondents say that talent development and improving staff retention are their key HR priorities for 2010;
- One-third of respondents say they would employ someone who has been out of work for more than a year;
- Where employers are prepared to hire the long-term unemployed, previous experience and track record are given as the principal reasons;
- Respondents in the Consumer, IT&T and Manufacturing & Industrial sectors are more confident about finding local talent for senior positions than those in Banking & Financial Services, Legal and Media/PR/Advertising.
Managing Director, Asia